Re: : Downpipe(s)

You sure you want to through away that "resonator"?  Look inside one and
see how its built.  Can't do much silencing but it does do a good job of
terminating the collector.  It tricks the exhaust pulse into thinking
that it has been emptied into the atmosphere so all the energy that can
be extracted will be extracted as a rarefaction back to the cylinder
where hopeful it will arrive as overlap starts and help to start cylinder
charging before TDC.  If you use the "center muffler" as the termination
the rarefaction will arrive too late, after the valve closes.  Removing
it saves some weight but through away in band power.

Chris