Replacing the clutch master

I will soon need to replace the clutch master on my 83
Spider.  Although I have the factory manual, I was
wondering if there's any gotchas that I need to be
aware of.   Are there any special tricks for bleeding
that system (the IAP catalog recomends bench bleeding
the master cylinder.  How does this work??)?  If
anyone has done this recently, would you mind sending
me a brief description of the steps involved?

Thanks in advance,
Vangelis
83 Spider
Mountain View,CA