72 vs. 74

Scott replies to Brian:

Seriously, Brian -- thanks, I haven't yet had to delve
that deeply into the bumpers.  I'll make a point of
checking Joe Cantrell's Spider the next time I look it
over -- yours is a '72, yes, Joe?

> Park the cars next to each other and you'll see what
> I'm talking about,

Next time Joe and I get together with both Spiders,
I'll do just this.

I had thought that I was forsaken
And with no job, losing my bacon,
But Scott has a question
Asks for my suggestion,
And so, I'll AROO'dly awaken.

Yes, mine's a '72 and the bumpers & assoc. bracketry are different.  We will
most happily compare and contrast them in the near future, lubricated by
quantities of the finest olde Oregon brews, fueled by 10 yr old Cheddars,
sensually enhanced by Asian subtlties wafting from ones kitchen.

Unless our puns and limericks get us thrown out of the area.

On Scott's other question, documented time between manufacture and sale, my
car was built in May, 1972 and delivered here in Portland in August, '72.
It came with an embossed plastic owner's card; I called the man listed on
the card (and in the phone book!) a few months ago, and he was happy to hear
the PIR slut is more bawdy this century than last.

Now, if I can find a lightened flywheel and high compression pistons for
myself...sometimes, I think my cam lobes are going flat.

Joe