to the milano owner who recently blew a donut

a couple weeks ago, someone posted about (what sounded
exactly like) an exploding front driveline donut.
identical symptoms occured to me, but i didn't reply
because i figured several others would have beat me to
it. but, i did remember something that may have been
missed:

bits of donut can get wedged against the flywheel and
then shreded by the ring gear. these bits in turn, can
make their way into the starter and significantly
reduce starter life (did for me, anyway).

given the cost of a rebuilt starter, you may find it
worth your while to check the starter for rubber
splinters/pre-emptively clean. YMMV.

-ethan schartman
'87 milano gold
http://greetings.yahoo.com