RE: 79 spica spider quit

>    Yesterday, I started the '79 spider and drove a few blocks.  I turned
off
> the car and awhile later got back in with a friend to go to work..   As we
> passed my house, the car quit.  No fanfare, the engine just stopped as I
was
> driving down the street.  It cranked, but would not fire at all.  Sooo, we
> pushed the car to the curb, and took the 164 to work. (you've got to love
> car that dies at home rather than leaving you stranded on the highway).
>    I had noticed a few sputters over the last week or so, but attributed
it to
> bad gas and perhaps the first few days of freezing weather here in
Virginia.
> I have been putting in isopropyl dri-gas about every 3rd tank, but not the
> last fillup.  Any thoughts, suggestions, accumulated wisdom?  The car has
100k
> miles and some oil leaks and blowby, but has been generally taken care of.

In my experience, especially in cold weather, if you start a Spica equipped
car, then stop it right away, you will foul the plugs pretty much
immediately.

I'd start by pulling and inspecting the plugs.

Then, I'd reckon you could restart it by pulling the wire off the cold start
solenoid.

Let it warm up, reconnect the solenoid, then give it a proper Italian tune
up.

HTH,

bs