Carburetors

I have been spending a lot of time and lire on my 1300GTjr. I just had a
2.0 engine completely rebuilt with performance cams and Performance Piston
& Liner Set (10.4:1 compression). It take a fews turn of the ignition to
start and when it does it will not run smooth unless I run it for a long
period of time (which I don't mind, since I love to take it out). My only
issue is that I have the original Carburetor that came with the engine. I
believe, correct me if I am wrong, that I have Weber 40 carburetor
installed. Would I need to replace the Weber 40's with Weber 45's or a
notch above 40? Also, should I need to replace the fuel pump to have more
fuel pumped into the engine or could the cause be that the Weber 40;s can't
deliver enough fuel when I start the vehicle?

If do need new carb's, does anyone know where I could purchase them without
the chrome air cleaners.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao and Buone Feste.

Carmelo Forte