Ugly is...

Ed Prytherch said:

"It turned out to be a Fiat Multipla. It is definitely
the ugliest thing that I have ever driven. I'd say
that
the more distance that there is between the designers
of the next Alfa's and the wierdos who designed the
Multipla, the better off we will all be."

Ugly is as ugly does, says I. A correspondent to the
Italian Cars Digest posted a message this last year
about how he and his family rented one of these on a
trip through England and Scotland. Although his
children were mortified to be seen in such a hideous
thing, he found it to be not only accommodating and
comfortable, but an absolute joy to drive. There was
one here last year - we saw it on the road, and then a
few weeks later at the Best Of France & Italy show in
Van Nuys, and while its aspect was strange indeed, we
were mightily impressed by the quality of fit and
finish...much better than that Milano-based Zagato
thing, and really not any uglier. I would be delighted
to have either one of those in my driveway.

Shifting gears ever so slightly - just encountered a
black Giulietta (I'm fairly sure) Spider headed west
on Mountain St. in Pasadena, between Lake and Los
Robles. I had Rico (black Milano) wink at it, but it
didn't wink back. Anyone here? This was a bit after
9:30 am.

Will Owen
Pasadena, CA
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com