Re: alfa-digest V8 #309 - scale models (Spiders)

In a message dated 12/19/2001 10:02:25 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:25:41 -0500
> From: Mark Brusadin <mbrusadi@domain.elided>
> Subject: re:Re: scale models (Spiders)
>
> Jouef Evolution produced a 1:18 scale diecast of the 1992 Spiders in red,
> black, and a silver model with the optional hardtop (I have all 3)
>
> What's interesting is, I also have the New-ray 1989 model - the 1992 1:18's
> do not have the 3rd taillight in the back

       Interesting.  I have 1/18 series four spiders in red, yellow, black,
silver, green and white.  I have three in red, top up, top down and hard top.
 The silver one also has a hard top.  The rest are all top down.  None have
the third brake light on the trunk!  All have the phone dial Spider Veloce
wheels, but all also have a rather oversized script on the rear saying only
Spider.  All appear to be from the same manufacturer, although they came with
various brand names.
       The green and white ones are the only ones still in the box and they
say Eagles Race brand on the box.  Keep watching eBay.  They all show up
eventually.
       The white 1/43 New Ray spider is also available in a small display
case that says made in China.  It is the exact same model.  I have seen other
1/43 series four spider models that have better detail.  I am not sure who
makes those, but one was on eBay recently.

       And John Burrows wrote:

> Provence Moulage made a 1986 2000 Spider kit in resin (#776).  They also
> made a couple of round tails, Kamm tails (I have a '74 2000 at home on
> my bookshelf) and a '90's final series Spider.  These kits are made in
> pretty small runs, so are hard to find once they go out of production.

       I remember a partly assembled and painted resin model of the 84 spider
being on eBay a year or more ago.  The price got too high, at that time.  Had
I known these were rare, I might have bid more.  I seem to recall that it was
made by Provence Moulage.

       And for what it is worth, the Mini Champs 1/18 Giulia Super is finally
showing up in colors other than putrid orange.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City