Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:41:22 -0800
From: "Zacharey Cox (Siemens Business Services Inc)"
<v-ntxzco@domain.elided>
Subject: re: 2 lanes out of 3

In AD#296 Joe wrote:

"I'm not one to make fun of typos, but this had gone on long enough
that I can't stop giggling.  The original thread referred to "3 lanes
out of 2" but in his second reference to it, Zach mistakenly said "2
lanes out of 3" and the inversion was continued in todays' digest!
No wonder Americans can't drive, we can't even type!  When to
opposing cars pull halfway into their respective shoulders to let a
third car overtake one of them, that's 2 => 3 car widths on the road,
i.e. "3 lanes out of 2."  "2 lanes out of 3" is more like what you
get on an American 6-lane freeway when two of the three lanes
travelling in a given direction......"

And goes on to say how bad the drivers are in the states.  Yeah ok so I
screwed up, I usually re-read my posts before sending them but I guess I
missed that one, my bad.  You knew what I meant though.  For real
though, drivers here do reduce the actual amount of lanes on the road by
wandering all over the place, barely comprehending they are piloting a
4500lb suv.  I notice this much more on the bike too.

Cheers,
Zach