radio tape deck

In a message dated 12/16/01 1:02:09 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Does anyone have any tips on a tape deck that, rather than
> playing tapes, starts pulling the media out of the cassette?

Joe,
  Sounds like your tape deck needs some minor maintenance.  You need to clean
it.  The rubber pinch rollers are dirty.  You need a Q-tip and some cleaner
(try Radio Shaft).  The pinch rollers are those rubber wheels around the tape
head that help pull the tape through.  While you are at it, clean the heads
too.
  By the way, my son just last night turned me onto a very cool MP3 player.
It is shaped like a cassette, so that, from your computer,  you can download
many MP3 tunes onto it then just put it into your cassette deck, like a tape,
and it plays your MP3 songs !  No wires and stuff all over the car....Way
Cool !!
Good Luck.
Joel Lewis
Houston, TX