Re: Innocenti

John, you are as, it seems, always, correct. Innocenti did build the
Issigonis-designed 1100 for some years. Like their version of the Mini,
it was slightly more civilized and had some design elements (headlamps
etc) which were a little more stylish than the original.

>  I will not swear to it but I have a strong impression that Innocenti
> also built under license a version of the relatively lovely Pininfarina
> styled Big Mini which BMC built as the MG 1100 and also in badge
> engineered Austin, Morris, Wolesley, Vandenplas and Kitchensink versions.

.. and as the Austin America and I saw one last year in LA. Apart from
our Alfas, there are some very interesting vehicles to be found in SoCal
- I remember seeing a Jowett Javelin and the contemporary Jowett
sportscar in the same driveway in Burbank in the late '80s.

Nicky