the Welty Fund

Ok folks, seems like a consensus is forming regarding a contribution to
Richard.  This would be of two fold significance: show our gratitude to the
man that had made it possible that thousands of us could post thousands of
messages and learn thousands of little and big things about Alfas and each
other, and to ensure that this continues in spite of Richard's current
financial status.  We all hope it's only very temporary.  There certainly
*is* an expense to run this Digest for members only and without unwanted
advertising.  By the way, I haven't seen posts of regular supporters of this
Digest lately.  May be that was/is enough income.

So I move that, pending Richard's approval, we name AlfaBill the trustee,
and *most* of us make a 10-20 U$S dollar contribution to a "Welty Fund".
This should be a voluntary, yearly contribution.
If the mode of payment is determined to be a PayPal account, AlfaBill may
not need be the trustee of the account, since payments can be direct.  There
may
be tax implications, and I leave the floor to the experts in that field.
Any seconds to the motion?

Jorge Mazlumian (AD member since '99, I think)
Redlands, CA
89 Milano
74 GTV