re: Real Alfa's?

hi tim,

i enjoyed yer post comparing the milano (75) to the 164.  as owner of both, i respect yer opinions, but i'd let go the 164 in a heartbeat w/no pain or regrets.  the only way i'd let go the 75 is if i got another to replace it - which i did a couple years ago!  ;~)  and, *that* one, i still miss it, even tho i have another yust like it!  :>)

a couple tings ya said that i have to comment on, tho...

<<<"...The styling I felt was a mess, but I persuaded myself to like it...">>>
=====================
well, i guess that's why we have choices - the 75 is the second-nicest looking 4-door car ever made, imo; close behind the early 60's thru 'mid 80's jag sedans...

<<<"...My brother has an old Toyota Carina 2 which I hate, but after 160,000 miles he is still waiting for something to go wrong with it and nothing has. That makes the Toyota a very high quality car, something the Alfa 75  never was...">>>
imo, the *only* ting worse than a p.o.s. car that breaks all the time, is a p.o.s. car that *won't* break!!!  at least if it breaks, then yule get rid of it soon!!!  :>)

regards,

doug s.,
suv: '92 164L w/180k
daily ride: '86 gtwe6 3.0 w/163k
extra: '88 milano werde w/90k (replaced one w/145k)
toy #1: '72 detomaso pantera w/76k
toy #2: '78 ducati darmah w/22k
toy #3: '95 buell s2 w/27k