Re: Solex carbs

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided

>>some models did have solex carbs as OEM.  depends on which model you are
looking at.  usually they were used on the lower performance models.
Webers and Dellortos were used on the later, higher performance models.
<<

Not true.  I think Solexes were fitted to all four engine sizes, but they
seem particularly common on 2-litres right up to late Alfettas.  I'm
talking about here in Europe of course!

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.