Re: Dellorto carb questions

I don't kow these carbs "personally". DO they have air bypass needles for
adjusting the amount of air going in at idle (as well as for balancing the
individual throats?? (Such as some of the later Weber DCOE's have.)

If so, it is entirely possible that these have been opened up far to much,
and the throttle butterflies themselves are therefore not positioned in the
correct relationship to the first progression hole as you come off idle.
This condition (butterflies too far closed with respect to the first
progression hole at idle) will _absolutely_ give you a lean stumble coming
off of idle. The butterflies should just begin to expose the first
progression hole _immediately_ as the throttle is moved off of idle. With
DCOE's, there is a brass inspection plug over the progression holes so that
one can inspect the position of the butterflies with respect to the holes
(using a strong light). I assume that your Dellorto carbys would have
something similar.

Get the relationship between the butterflies and the progression holes
right, and you may well discover that some (so-called!!) "expert tuner" has
richened up the idle circuit (well beyond where it should be) in an effort
to get rid of the lean stumble caused by the first error !

Greg