RE: The Shame of Portello

Bob Little wrote...

I can observe personally, for example that
Director Generale of the Alfa Romeo racing division Ingeniere Carlo Chiti
struck me as being somewhat oblivious and insensitive to the needs of
history except when it came to selling his old cars and parts to a museum
somewhere or to a privateer to generate revenue.  He seemed to have no
interest in yesterdays accomplishments except as it might have related to a
new product idea tomorrow.

I'd say that Carlo Chiti should not be very concerned about history. An
engineer,
particularly one working on race cars, needs to be looking forward, to the
next
season, to the future. Did Jano worry about history? I don't know. Fusi, a
drafter
working with Jano, was the one who collected the history.

Jeff Bennett