33 advice

I have a 33 (1.7 16V), but am unfamiliar with the 1.3.
However to watch for...
  at 70,000 miles the cambelts (and followers) will
  need replacing
  Rust - wheel arches, filler region (especially inside
    rear left wheel arch)
  Around windscreen - gives rise to leaky front!
  Rear hatch.
  Suspension units at front.
  PLay on the parallelogram rear suspension.
  Engine servicing..
    Notchy gearboxes (especially from 3rd to 2nd)
  Rust under the body -especially at the rear mounts
   of the front seats.
  Noisy top-ends - symptomatic of infrequent oil changes..
  Also check out these web sites:
   http://drive.to/alfa33 (look under 33 tips and then what to look for)
  Check out 33 discussion pages:
   http://disc.server.com/Indices/20413.html

  If it is good one they are a rewarding drive.
  The 1.3 would not be my first choice tho!
  I would go for the 1.7 8v Cloverleaf if you wanted a twin-carb model.
  Or hunt around for Sud Sprint 1.7
  But if the price and car is right then have fun...
dd