Re: alfa-digest V8 #276

Mark,

Instead of disconnecting the battery when welding on cars with sensitive
electronics, I use a product made by Matson here in Australia called an
"Anti-zap Service Minder". It is a small box that you hook up to the battery
terminals that filters out any power surges. It may be worth investing in
one if you plan to do lots of welding. I have welded on lots of late model
cars using this gadget and so far have had no power spikes (fingers
crossed...). See  www.matson.com.au

Otherwise, disconnecting both battery terminals should be sufficient, and
disconnecting the ECU if you want to be ultra safe.  I am not sure who makes
the ECU on the Uno Turbo, but I have found the older Bosch stuff (L-Jet
etc.) to be fairly resilient when it comes to power surges.

Regards,

Sasha Nackovski- Melbourne, Australia.