Re: alfa-digest V8 #269 - Rusty gas tank - 68 Spider Jr.

       I seem to recall Hot Rod Magazine cleaning an old gas tank by putting
kerosene and a length of chain inside.  Swish the tank around so the chain
scratches off the rust.  Then clean and coat the inside with the stuff
Eastwood sells for coating gas tanks.
       Or take the tank to a radiator shop.  Afterward, coat the inside and
paint it with the zinc gas tank paint available from Eastwood.
       Either solution will require removal of the tank, which is not that
big a deal.

       I still need to dig out the exhaust manifolds I promised you.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City