164S Chattering Clutch, Solved

Re: Jerry Ecklund <jre2100@domain.elided>
Subject: 164S new clutch chattering
I've just had the clutch, bearing and pressure plate
replaced on my '91 164S.  Although I also had the
flywheel resurfaced the new unit still chatters from
low rpm starts.  The replacements were OEM.  Any
suggestions for a cure?  Any listers experienced this
before, (after a new clutch of course)?

I just had the same frustrating problem: new OEM clutch, beating, pressure
plate and flywheel resurfacing with resultant low rpm chatter. Problem now
solved by sending out the pressure plate and flywheel to be balanced as a
unit. It is now smooth.

Ted Siverns, 1991 164S, Vancouver, BC.