Fuel tank empty, but not really

>>Anyone have the problem where the pump can't access the last 1/4 tank?
Right now my max driving range Hwy is ~260 miles. I can hear pump
siphening noises around 250 on.  When the car runs out of gas I can only
put in 13 gallons.  My other Alfa I can go 350 miles easy and requires
16/17 gallons to fill.<<

Had this on a 75 TS. On that the pickup was slightly bent and would not
reach down to the bottom of the tank (external pump, pickup L shapped
from the side of the tank).

All the best

Keith