164Q/LS CD Changers and Key Removal

...to further stretch the "key removal" thread: after 6+ years as a daily driver, single-handedly removing the key without a thought has become second nature. As I remove the key, I push the button with the back of my 3rd and 4th fingers. When I someone else drives my car, they curse that "feature", but I no longer notice it.

CD changer: Jess pointed out that starting the car (or the audio system) too soon after loading the changer causes an error. I have the same problem too. The Alfa Audio booklet says to wait 45 seconds after loading the cassette.

Karl
1995 164LS 60K miles
(if we're talking about these minor things, it is apparently a testimony on the reliability of our "it's not an Alfa because it's FWD" cars <g>. Um, well, don't ask me about the $4K used transmission that I now have because mine exploded like a Toyota pick-up at the wrong end of a cruise missile...)