SPICA Cut off selenoid

Hey all, I am in desperate need of some advice here.  My 74 Spider is dying
as I come off the throttle.  I have diagnosed this as a sticky fuel cut-off
selenoid, as it runs fine and idles fine, just doesn't want to return to
idle from revs.  Anyway, I know that this will be a pain to fix because of
trying to get the mixture back to normal after fixing/replacing it.  But can
these things be cleaned out and returned to service after?  Or do I have to
get another and replace it?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Steve
SLO, CA
74 Spider
64 Spider