fuel pump failure

In a message dated 11/24/2001 7:44:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>     Usually, this means the fuel filter(s) are plugged or the fuel pump
> back by
> the tank has died.  The fuel pressure light measures  the pressure of the
> fuel before it gets to the SPICA pump, so it should not be the SPICA pump.

My experience is that when the fuel pump on the SPICA cars goes, it does not
go gentle into that good night.  Rather, it gasps and wheezes and does not go
out with a whimper, but with a series of hiccups and bangs and the fuel and
the pressure reach the SPICA in arterial bursts.  This death rattle can go on
for five minutes before you put the thing out of its misery and take the bus
home.

I'd also be sure to check the fuel lines.

But it is probably a clogged filter, probably from a "bad" tank of gas.

YMMV

Charlie
LA, CA, USA