Milano, Clicking noise from driveline

Recently my Milano Verde developed a clicking noise from the driveline. I
sounds like it is coming from somewhere around the middle to front of the
driveshaft and is proportional to engine speed. It also only is audible when
the engine is warmed up. I have removed the heat shield and have not found
any looseness in the driveshaft, nor have I seen any loose bolts in the
doughnuts. I haven't had the car up on a lift, but only used jack stands so
may have missed something. I did, however, jack the engine up a bit and the
clicking was affected, but not eliminated. I observed that the rear motor
mounts were in need of replacement, but observed not much else. Any ideas?
Regards,
--John Cecil
<jcecil@domain.elided>
<jcecil@domain.elided>