Hood/Trunk release cables

       Here's a trick I learned from Peter Krause quite a few years ago:
       Since these cables normally break where they connect to the release
handle inside the car, I just grab the stub end of the cable with a pair of
vice grips and open the offending hood/trunk.  Sometimes you must grab the
housing too, thus destroying it.  But it is easier to replace housing and all
than taking the entire hood apart.
       Also, a power lawn mower cable assembly makes a fine replacement.

Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.