Quadraflow Sound

That is the sound you hear on the mpegs at PIR in my Spider, too.
I hate to keep plugging it, but scroll to the bottom of this page, load the
files, and crank up your speakers.  http://www.alfaclub.org/photos.htm

I left it in each gear to about 6400 rpm.  Come on back, Dave Pratt, and
we'll have a duet down the straight at PIR!

Regarding underhood temps, a couple of years ago, I read them out with a
remote thermometer.  Engine compartment outside the Quadraflows ran about
165F at highway speeds.  Replaced the SPICA box, ran the probe inside it,
and it was about 80F, which was outside ambient.  It did warm up quickly
when I sat at stop lights.

I plan more tests on this subject, along with 4th gear acceleration tests to
see if there's a measurable difference.  If I ever find another job, I hope
to have the headers ceramic coated which is supposed to lower temperature
emissions a lot, and see if that helps underhood temps as much as I hope.

Whether the Quadraflows give more power or less is secondary, as Dave says,
to the sensual enhancement of just being able to hear them with the top down
at full chat.  On the street, the car's already Arrest-Me-Red; I don't want
to attract any more attention.

Don't forget to crank up your speakers!

Joe