164 power antenna fixed!

Hey gang,

I dug through my ever growing pile of alfa "stuff"
(disassembling a complete spider doesn't help any) and
found a working power antenna that was damn close to
the original, but about 1" shorter.  it even had the
same mounting holes on the bottom so the oem mounting
bracket screwed right on.  i was able to fabricate an
extension for the mounting bracket using plumber's
tape cu into approx 4cm pieces, spliced in the old
connector, and shazam! a working antenna again.

thanks for all the suggestions, when - not if - this
one dies i will try the radio shack version.  my local
store was out of stock, or else they probably would
have made a sale.

ian lomax
71 spider - still has ugly black rubber antenna
94 164ls - i can hear why i'm stuck in gridlock again!
SF, CA
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1