Berlina hood release

Warren mentioned seeing the plastic cable emergency hood releases on his
Berlina, sneaking through the firewall into the pass. side of the interior.
They have been present on every Berlina I've seen, but not on any GTV,
Spider, or Giulia.  While they seem like a great feature, I wonder how well
they would work if really needed; the cable is thin, and snakes around a
number or tight bends.  Has anyone ever had to open their Berlina hood by
this method? Did the work?

On Giulia sedans, if your hood release cable breaks you can usually get at
the hood latch by removing the grill (on some grills this is harder than on
others).  But it's the one 105 car with a rear-hinged hood, so the latch is
in the front.  I did see the thing yesterday about coming in through the
grill of an early GTV to unbolt the hinges.

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register