Re: broken fan blade - check the engine mounts

Check your engine mounts too.  Every broken fan blade I have encountered has
led me to sagging, worn out or loose engine mounts.  The engine mounts
compress over time dropping the plastic fan blade very close to the bottom of
the fan shroud. Sometimes, if you catch it before it breaks, you will see the
fan has been wearing away on the shround for some time before it finally lets
go.  All it takes is a small bump or dip in the road and the fan contacts the
shroud and your fan, shroud, radiator, hood, etc. are damaged.  If you can't
get your fingers between the bottom of your crank pulley and the sway bar
then your engine mounts are failing.

Ben Higgins
Galveston, Texas