Electric fan installation

Hey, folks.

Because I failed to check my 74 Spider's fan blade at the last oil change
inspection (yellow=replace, according to those who know) it shattered during
a particularly vigorous third-gear Italian tune-up.  I got off easy...one
hole in the radiator ($35 to repair), a slice in the battery (which one of
those fiberglass battery repair kits fixed handily), and no dents in the
hood.  Check the fan, folks.

I contemplated installation of an electric fan system while things were
apart, and it turned out to be a very good decision.  A 12" fan fits just
barely in front of the radiator, and I used a thermostat that is adjustable
(and worked fine, once I got one with a sensor that wasn't leaking!).

Conclusions:  A $200 or so project and some time, but a) MUCH quieter, and
b) more "oomph," particularly in the 3-5K RPM band.  Worth the trouble, I
think.

Mark Kunkel (and thanks to Dean C. for ALL your help!)
Carrollton, GA, USA