Hood and Trunk emergency release-Re: alfa-digest V8 #237

On my '92 Spider I ran an emergency cable from the trunk latch into the gas
filler area.  If the trunk cable breaks, I open the door to the gas filler,
insert my finger in the ring in the emergency line, pull, and voila! The
trunk opens.  I made a similar emergency release for the gas filler lid.  If
that cable breaks, I pop open the trunk and pull on the emergency cable
there.  If BOTH break at the same time, then I'm screwed.

I've been trying to think of a neat solution to the hood, for an emergency
release, and haven't quite worked it out. Hs anyone discovered a nice
solution?

Timothy
'79 F-12 Alfa Van
'92 Alfa Spider Veloce
'71 Giulia 1300 Super (with 1600cc engine)
'80 Harley Wide Glide
'55 Chevy Bel Air
'89 Jaguar XJ40