alfa 2600 on ebay, 6 cylinder inline alfa??

Hi,

there is a 1963 alfa 2600 on ebay, and it is located in Rhode Island. Car
seems to need a lot of work but seems interesting nonetheless.

What blew me away is the DOHC straight line 6 cylinder!!!! Looks like a
stertched 4 cylinder!

I was not aware that alfa made such a beast, any of the historians here want
to give us/me a brief education about the car, and in particular the engine?

Joseph
88 Milano Verde (V6 not straight 6)