Re: alfa-digest V8 #225 - Rain & Spider seat is soaking wet?

       I was busy and had the local Alfa Mechanic put a new top on my wife's
91 Spider.  The rubber seal that goes across the top of the windshield is
folded back and bolted above the vent window originally.  I helped the
mechanic pull in the new rubber seal.  He said if it was OK with me, he would
leave the ends of the rubber sticking out.  He just cut them off even with
the edge of the top.  This channels the water away from the vent window area.
 You have to look pretty close to tell that it is not done the factory way.
       That might be where your top is leaking.  The rubber seal can be
replaced without removing the top.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City