164 fuel hoses - keep some spare tubing!

i learned last week why it's a good idea to have some
spare rubber fuel hose handy in a 164,
the section which connects the front to the rear
metal fuel injection rails near the timing belt is
quite stressed where it makes a 90 degree bend, in my case,
there was also an electrical connector improperly rubbing
against it, when the tube developed a small leak 3-4 gallons
of fuel sprayed all over the engine in a minute or so.
amazingly there was no fire, but it took a while to get
somewhere to find tubing in another city on a saturday night.
typically AAA would have taken several hours to get me a tow,
to some service place that wouldn't be open 'til the following monday.

jak   '91 164Q