PIR slut squeals

Tessie McMillan writes:

>  One question, though: No squealing tires? ? ? ? What up with that?! !
>  &:-))))))

Joe has the line at PIR down and is downright _smooth_ driving it.  Plus his
Spider has the Kumho Ecsta 712s.  The Kumhos that Tess heard me squealing
around at Bremerton on are an earlier version, not the 712s.  Joe's tires
have a more agressive tread pattern and do not squeal like mine.  Maybe
Joe's
are squealing and we just can't hear them over the sound of the exhaust!!!

Thanks, Gordy, I owe it all to the car!  And thanks to Tess for the PIR Slut
name she gave my car.

For the benefit of those assembled, these Kumhos only squeal to tell me I
better be countersteering.  They are 205/55 15" and take considerably lower
pressures than other tires I've used; I find that about 30 psi front and 25
psi rear gives the best performance.  At that, they roll just onto the
shoulder without rolling under.  At the pressures previous tires have liked,
about 38/32 f/r, the Kumhos skated around on the center of the tread and the
sides didn't even get warm.

Plus, all important in our rainy region, they're excellent in the wet.

Regarding the sounds on the mpegs, they are almost entirely intake noise
from the Shankle K&N filters I use on the track.  We're going to run some
real world tests to determine whether they produce as much power as the
beautiful SPICA air box, but they sure as hell sound right for track days.

We're also considering how to wire the car to get exhaust note, perhaps to
mix with intake trumpets and create the ultimate Alfa virtual track
experience.  Won't that be fun.

Joe