Frustrated with 164 door

Howdy

I am pulling my hair (what's left of it) with this one...  Every once in a
while, while I am driving or while the car is parked, the driver's door ajar
light will come on (on the dashboard) and so will the interior lights.  The
car "thinks" that the door is not fully closed, although it actually is shut.
Sometimes it will stay "on" for a while and then shut itself off -- others I
need to slam the door to turn it off.
This is frustrating because when the alarm is armed, if the computer thinks
that someone opens the door, it activates the siren.  It is also frustrating
when I have people in the car, we are driving somewhere, and the lights come
on -- you can guess the comments about Alfa and electronics...
I had the dealer replace the whole lock a month ago, so I am rulling it out as
the faulty part.  Where else should I look?

Thanks,

Spiros
94 164LS
85 Spider