1300 cast headers on swapped 1750 euro engine

Everyone talks about the inherent efficiencies of the original cast headers.
With the exception of height of the header pipes, can I use the 1300 cast
headers with the 1750 engine?  Is the internal diameter smaller on the 1300
or is it the same part?  Is there anything I can do to improve the gas flow
in the cast header?  Would I experience a noticeable performance gain if I
use tube headers?  Everything else in the engine bay looks stock, however
this is not for concours - it's an original looking driver.

The engine will be in mild phase one tune with the original webers, 10.5
compression, slightly hotter cams, etc.

Brock Butler
68 Spider Jr.
Dallas, TX