Re: alfa-digest V8 #218

Gabriel,
I do my own maintenance but here's my two cents worth... I hooked up one of
my fellow club members with a used gearbox for $250.00. He had a couple of
the other club members install the unit. I think it was beer and pizza then a
steak dinner when all was finished.
Assuming the gearbox has never been done before you will need as a minimum 3
Synchro Rings ($25.00ea.), 1 Synchro Sleeve ($68.00), the front seal ($4.50),
the rear seal ($5.75), a clutch kit ($185.00) and a pilot bushing ($7.00).
$345.25 worth of parts. The tranny has to come out and a knowledgeable Alfa
person has to look and see if a minor rebuild will fix all internal problems
in the gearbox. I would suggest the local club members to recommend a good
mechanic but I would guess parts and labor would total about $1000.00 --
$1200.00.
Hope this helped
Thomas Gonnella