headlights

A while back, I bought two Carello headlights on Ebay for the GTV-6 low
beams.  On the Carello box, it says "JOD H4," the Carello part number is
evidently 03.239.816, and it says "497" on the glass lens.  It also says
"E3" in a circle and "HC" in a little square box on the glass lens.  Does
anyone know what is the correct bulb for this unit?  The Sylvania 9004
(65/55) is too long and the mounting flange on the bulb is not wide enough.
 As I said, it's for low beams in an other wise stock setup (relays have
aleady been installed).

Also, does anyone know what is the correct replacement bulb for the low
beams on the 1991 164S?  The Sylvania cross reference book lists the 9004,
but I'd rather find out it's wrong before I remove anything.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Charlie Koster
Kagel Canyon, CA
1986 GTV-6 3.0S (mine)