78 spider fuel pump problem

Thanks for the help with the brakes everyone, I was over thinking the job
instead of just doing it.

I finished the brakes last night and decided to take her around the block for
a test drive.  I get in, turn the key and wait for the fuel pressure light to
go out and it never does.  I turn the ignition off and on again with the same
results.  This time I also notice there is no sound coming from the pump.
You know, the soft buzzing noise it makes, so I get out with the ignition
still on and listen for the buzzing with no luck.  I'm going to check the
fuses first obviously but I'd like to know how long these pumps are supposed
to last, any Idea?
Ed Gibbs

78 Spider  (Scarlet)