Stering Wheel Removal (tool help?)

Replacing the original steering wheel on an '88 Spider
with a new wooden one.  Need some direction as to
where I can get the proper tool to remove the old
wheel.  Or is it just easier to take it to a shop to
remove?  The manual calls for a specific tool to
complete the last step of the removal.  I know many of
you have upgraded steering wheels at one point or
another....any suggestions?

Thanks
Marcus
SF, CA