Engineering - what it all means? (NAC, really)

I found that Engineering - country by country post to be so funny ... I
guess by virtue of its startling accuracy. Viewed in light of how
people are dealing with recent stressful events (I don't know about you,
but I've had my share of sleepless nights), it got me thinking. Italian
car owners are Good Stuff!

It seems to me that true-blooded Italian car owners -- and I'm thinking
those who own Alfas or Fiats and not *necessarily* Ferraris or
Lamborghinis -- seem to be able to put up with a lot of discomfort,
uncertainty, adversity, and the necessity for problem-solving. These are
people who really commit to working through a difficult or tedious process
for what sometimes can be an uncertain outcome. They are flexible and
willing to try a variety of different approaches to a problem! And when
there is a problem and the fix is not imminent, they can tough it out!
Most importantly, when things are going well, they totally revel in their
happiness, and live in the moment.

Would you agree that these are signs of mature, resilient, and stable
human beings? I would venture that Alfa owners *must* live long lives (at
least those of us who don't kill themselves with their driving antics),
and are probably happy and productive people in general. I know
this is a generalization, but I was thinking about the owners of other
marques, and for at least a couple of marques (which I won't name) the
generalizations that pop to mind are: impatient, 'looks' over substance,
not able to deal well when presented with problems, aggressive, doesn't
really have fun, etc.

Hey, maybe Alfa owners should unite and negotiate down their rates on
life insurance policies!

Okay, I'll go back under my rock. See, this is the kind of stuff I think
about when I haven't slept for a week. &:-) (more to that story soon)

Tess