GTV6 bits for free

Hi-
I live in the Charleston,SC area, and am currently gutting my '86 GTV6. I
have several parts of it which are free for the taking (interior panels,
back seat, seat belts, gas tank, etc.).  I also have some 4 lug BWA rims
from my '74 GTV.  Has anyone out there ever put a fuel cell in their GTV6?
As you know, the stock tank has fuel feed and return lines out the bottom,
but I am interested in an cell with these lines on the top.  If the stock
fuel pump beefy enough to draw the fuel up and out without the assistance of
gravity?  Would a boost pump help?  I know that an in-tank pump solution is
also possible, but wanted to give the stock pump a shot.  I have a fuel
pressure gauge in line, so I'll be able to assess the pressure output.

Thanks in advance,
Al
'86 GTV6
'95 R/T 10