RE: Selling Advice (was Selling 164 horror story)

Every time I sell a used car or buy a used car, I always have a sale contract because of 2 reasons:

 1. If you sell the car, the buyer has to acknowledge all problems known with the car and the car is sold as is and he has to sign for that.
 2. If I buy the car, I keep the contract as a bill of sale in case DMV ever questions about the price that I paid for it. They randomly check if the price of the car is much lower than the market value.

 Attached is my sample sale contract that I've been using for many years and I had to send some to DMV a few times for the price that I bought.

I print 3 copies, 1 for me with a buyer (or seller signature), 1 for seller and one I turn it in with DMV paper work. All copies should have both parties' signatures.

Louis
91 Spider Veloce
Sunnyvale, CA

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name of salecontract.doc]