GTV6 and gender

In a message dated 10/31/2001 11:43:54 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Why is it that it's only women that I spoke to that
> always thought my GTV-6 was something more mundane? One of my wife's
> friends would tease me that it looked like a Chevette. Another said
> Pinto. I believe someone also said Datsun.

It is simple, really: these women only see the hatch and the wheels and those
visual cues say to them little hatchback.  It would be like one of us guys
looking at it -- with our glasses off.  There would be something there but
we'd only perceive the rough outline, perhaps, and done of the nuance that is
oh, so important (like the tea tray).

Charlie
LA, CA, USA