RE: Selling 164 horror story

Hello Scott,
 I sympathized with your situation, I had the same scenario with my bro-inlaw when I sold him my Jaguar XJ6. He drove back to SF from OC on a hot summer night, with full load and up the grape vine @ 90-100 mph up hill. The trans blew up. I had to take the car back.
 I hate to sell cars to ignorant people, these people should just get Japanese cars... they want to be cool, but cheap and have no common sense of mechanical warning lights.
 If I were you, I would reminded him about all the guages on the dash board, especially it's extremely colorful with the 164.
 If the guy stops payment on the check, take him to court, I don't think you have to pay for people's ignorance.

Louis
91 Spider Veloce,
Sunnyvale, CA