La Carrera - 10/30 report

Dianne writes:

"Received a call from Mike [Besic] around 8:40 PM, said the boys were in a
driver's meeting so he didn't have the standings as of yet. I guess the car
had it's first mechanical problem, a starter had to be replaced.

Patrick and Martin had to run 4 laps on a 2 1/2 mile track and Mike said the
munchers (big V-8s) were within inches of the boys, so they were blowing
there horns at them, to make sure they didn't run into them. Mike said a lot
of the cars had dents in the fenders.  No one is quite sure about the rules.
I guess tomorrow they will have that same track to run on, plus some more
road travel to the next destination.
The hotel is very nice, but again doesn't have enough room for all the cars.
So the hotel opened up this other lot with a rusty gate, where there was at
least 3 ft. of grass & said they could park there. Patrick decided there was
no way they could get in there & made the hotel find better conditions, &
they did.

The other 60 Giulietta was still having a few problems with the car, but the
69 GTV took some heavy damage in an off-road excursion. Everyone is OK."

More later as the news comes in......