RE: Zamani's suspension

<snip>
> to the Beninca Alfetta.  It seems to me that the SZ, with its
> unfortunately coilover front suspension, lacks 50/50 weight
> distribution and weighs more than a GTV6.  I blame the coilover
> suspension and necessary changes made to the structure of the front
> of the car.  Transaxles are great but face it, the torsion bar
> suspension is the real reason that our Alfas have 50/50 weight
> distribution.  Consider the 928, C5 Corvette and new Maseratis...all
<snip>

I blame the V6 motor.

The Alfetta coupe and Sedan had 50/50 weight distribution, the GTV6 and
Milano are heavier in the nose.  I think the weight distribution is 52/48.

No comment wrt the coil over front suspension on the SZ.  Obviously they had
some problem they were trying to solve, and the coil over offered the best
solution.  Can't imagine this mod would be cost effective for a Milano, I
agree with Joe that larger torsion bars are the way to go.  I think Zamani
was concerned over a cost difference of a couple hundred bucks for the parts
(heavy torsion bars vs coil over kits), however I've got to believe that
after installation the coil overs will end up costing a whole lot more.

My .02,

bs

bs