ABS and relays

Since this has been an interesting 10 days, the alfa felt she needed to
participate in the general mayhem.

So Sat, as I had driven to a local store to get parts for the computer,
getting back in the car, the ABS would not work. ABS failed I thought and had
the car towed home, then it dawned on me, that last time the ABS had failed,
it was right after the car had been parked.

So, I disconnected the battery pole, and left it off for 1 minute and thne put
it back on, and the ABS sems to be ok now (!!!?????)

I did the traditional wait for the pump to built pressure and then the 5 slow
full brake pedal depressions and then the pump would strart again work for 9
seconds to get the pressure up and then stop.

I repeated the cycle 4 times, then turned the car off and went inside to fix
the computer so I could report this wierd fact to my fellow digesters.

Considering the pump has a brand new accumulator on (ok replaced 8 months ago)
and that there has been no leaking of brake fluid, and the brake fluid
compartment is full to the brim, since it was last filled up, does this
justify my suspicion for the relay, giving the old info that I poset about how
that car shop long time ago had said about a stuck relay?

Thanks,

Joseph
88 Milano Verde (random state ABS)